Friday 9 November 2012

The Dark Side To Restricted Space

Hey guys!

Here are some of the pieces I have made yesterday and today, and they are based on the picture of the girl in my last post, however, I decided to make these pieces upside down, because after taking with my tutors this week, they thought that turning it upside down distorts that girl's face, and makes the viewer's eye search for the face, rather than recognising the face straight away.



- Materials Used: Compressed charcoal, White Chalk, White Card Paper and Double Sided Tape on Brown Paper.



- Materials Used: Compressed Charcoal, on white paper.



- Materials Used: Black Watercolour Paint on Brown Paper.








These pieces were also made to challenge myself to work on a much larger scale, rather than the small pieces I am used to making. Micheal Canning suggested that if I stop using the office chair which I found, I can break away from this office-like space, and become more active which working on larger 2-D and 3-D pieces.

I have also finished some 3-D pieces relateing to geometrical shapes that can break up a space create a sense of restriction, which I will post later on this weekend.

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment