Tuesday 6 November 2012

Printmaking Workshop and Studio Work

Hey guys!

Just thought I would share my thoughts on my first Printmaking workshop which I had today. I must say, I cannot wait to start making my own prints next Tuesday evening!

Des showed us pretty much everything we need to know about mono prints and lino prints and how to start making our own prints. I made some lino prints in secondary school with the cheap red handle cutters, but once I get some money in my pocket, I need to invest in a couple of the mushroom handle cutters! I pretty much forgotten that I had a particularly good interest for print. I was thinking it would be interesting make multiple different prints based on this picture of distorted, restricted girl, which I posted in my last post:


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the photos of the other pieces which my tutors suggested I should focus upon, by playing with different forms such as 2-D and 3-D, and manipulating them with different materials:



- Materials Used: Card paper, double-sided tape, and making tape. 

Emerging from a confined space. Will be made again using different scales, to change the impact of the piece.



- Materials Used: Paper straws, masking tape, red Acrylic paint

Experimenting with geometric shapes which will be used to make a larger scale 3-D piece to form a sense of restricted space.


- Studying the shadows created by the wool strings partial confining the doorway alcove. Studying the perspective of shadows . Again, experimenting with the relationship with geometric shapes and restricted space.









Thanks for reading once again guys! I'll talk to you again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment