Wednesday 28 November 2012

Individual Tutorial & Choosing Disciplines

Hello!

Yesterday we had a few talks on the Design discipline which we will have to choose three from, along with the Fine Art disciplines. I definitely see myself as a designer, however I am definitely interested in Sculpture in Fine Art. So far, I'm going to choose Visual Communications as one of my three disciplines, since I am deeply fond of it and I love how broad it can be. Sculpture is definitely a good choice to participate for another 2 weeks, however, the third choice is a bit tough. I was thinking Animation and Motion Design, but after my tutorial I had yesterday, my mind has changed a bit.

After having a chat with Michael, Grainne and Mairead, they suggested that I should keep focusing on the shadows created from the lines of the 3-D geometric pieces I create, by taking photographs of these photos on a pristine white wall and edit them in Photoshop, along with focusing on the other work I'm currently doing. Here's a couple of photos I took today of the shadows created from two of my geometrical shaped pieces:


 


They also said I should show more practices, such as painting. They also asked about the disciplines I would be choosing, and Mairead suggested to me that I should think about Fashion! I found it a bit strange for a minute or two, but when they explained to me how I could be suited for Fashion, things became clear. The commented on my use of shape which not alot of people in Fashion who use. To be honest, I don't really like knitting and sewing that much, but I'll  think about choosing it as my third choice of disciplines, so that I can use what I gained from those two weeks and apply it into my other choosing areas in the future.

Like I said, Fine Art talks are tomorrow, and it should be fun to get to know the disciplines much better.

That's all for now, so bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment