Friday 23 November 2012

Group Crit Friday!

Hello guys!

So, as most of you know, Fridays are Group Crit Days, and this time around our studio had Grainne to come around and discuss our work with us. I'm very happy with how this group crit turned out for me and so, here's a couple of main points from the crit which I took into account from Grainne

The issue of editing the wall arose once again, but I'm not too worried about that, since I already have a good idea of what needs to go down from my studio wall and what I should be doing next. I also need to take certain pieces from my wall, such as the newspaper cut outs, and place them in a different area, to allow the viewer to take it in better, rather than being surrounded by the other pieces.

Grainne also mentioned that most of the lines and geometric shapes on my wall can be quite architectural, which Michael Canning suggested I should research further into. I never really knew that my pieces could be quite architectural, but after looking at certain architecture, I can see the connection very clearly:



Grainne also said that if our project relates to another students work, we should look through their Contextual Notebook, to see where their starting point was and how they gained their ideas for their work. After looking through Giulia's Contextual Notebook, I found a great artist called Pae White:

Pae White - Levitation


I'm definitely going to keep looking at the artists which other people have researched for their own project.

That's all the news for today! See you guys soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment