Saturday 17 November 2012

Newspaper/ Magazine Shape Cut-Outs

Hey guys!

From one of my group tutorials, I was asked to do more of the newspaper cut-outs using different types of shapes. The shapes which are cut out create negative space, which provide a contrast with the filled-up page of the newspapers and magazines. When I'm finished cutting out these shapes, I turn the page upside-down, because it somehow makes it much more visually interesting.

 
















These shapes also create great shadows, again using negative space. These shadows can be used as a place-holder, or a view finder, on different objects.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So far, this weekend involves focusing on my CCS essay and Seminar Notebook, so once I have them done and dusted, I'l be focusing on my sketchbook and contextual more often.

But for now, I best be back to sorting out my references for my essay!

Bye for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment