Thursday 15 November 2012

Geodesic Domes - A 3-D project

Hey guys,

I have been so busy this week with alot of different projects, and once of those projects involved making a geodesic dome.

A geodesic dome is made up of a series of isosceles and equilateral triangles, which are glued together to form a semi-sphere form. The triangles were made using plain card paper, and this does require a lot of precise measurements to ensure the triangles all fit together perfectly, so it was a tiny bit time consuming! However, I am very pleased with the overall end result! I'm definitely thinking of doing some more of this, if the tutors believe I should. Here are some work-in-progress pictures and the end result:


- Materials Used: Card Paper, Hot Glue.



Fully Assembled

What do you think? Should I do more of this? Maybe leave out a couple of triangles, to allow the viewer to see within this space? I'm always open towards new ideas!

That's it for now, I'll talk to you soon about more of my progress on my other ideas, and I still need to post pictures of my prints from the Printmaking workshop last week!

But for now, good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment