Sunday 11 November 2012

Geometric Shapes Dividing Space

Hey!

Since my last group tutorial, I am focusing on lines that create geometric forms. These geometric forms divides the space around them and they have the ability to create new forms of space.

I was asked to create a few 3-D pieces using the geometric shapes, and here is my porgress so far:


- Materials Used: Paper Straws, Masking Tape.

Controlled, equal-sized lines that combine together to create this geometric form take can change it's shape by moving the straws closer, creating a sense of restriction


  

- Materials Used: Paper Straws, Scotch Tape.

A more busy, complicated geometric form. Overlapping lines create triangular shapes, which also creates a restricted space between all the shapes. Also, each and every angle of the form is different; no two sides of the piece is the same.

The shadows on both of these pieces also shows how they both interact with their space differently.

To take this idea further, I looked at some origami ideas, and I also found out how to create geodesic forms, which are these ball-like structures which are made up of triangles and is very precise in it's measurements. Let's see how it goes!

I will talk to you guys tomorrow, but for now, good night!



No comments:

Post a Comment