Sunday 14 October 2012

LSAD Open Day and The National Self-Portrait Collection of Ireland Exibition

Hello!

Last Friday was definitely an eventful day!

LSAD Open Day

The day started off with visitors coming into the college, making things a bit hectic! As these prospective first years came by, I learned how popular this college really is. We had people coming from Galway, Cork, Dublin, and Donegal. It was wonderful to meet these new people and what they wanted to talk to us about regarding the college and it's opportunities.

I also got to help out on the Open Day Saturday morning. I got the chance to talk to a few Fourth Year students who are now fairly busy writing their theses. I was also talking to a girl from Galway who had no idea where to go for Art & Design courses, but myself and Louise O Sullivan (a Viscom student currently in Fourth Year) reassured her that if you want to do art, LSAD is the place to go!

National Self-Portrait Collection Of Ireland

At about 12pm, myself and my friend Giulia Postir decided to hop on one of the shuttle buses to UL to take a look at the pieces in this collection in the University Concert Hall. This exhibition had some amazing pieces from various artists, including LSAD's own, Micheal Canning! His piece was a sculpture titled "Three Skulls", and it was made up of these black skulls which were attached together at the back of each skull , and it was made up from various different materials. It was definitely worth the visit!


That's all for now folks, so I will talk to you tomorrow and post updates on a few more ideas I have lingering in my head! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment