Wednesday 17 October 2012

A Great Week with Great Progress

Hi!

This week has been going really well for me, as I fell like I am making great progress with my ideas! And all of the lectures we have had so far, such as learning about the High Renaissance artists, and talking to Irish painter Damien Flood, really enabled me to think of these ideas which I would have never thought of before! Here's a little update on some idea's I came up with this week!

Sketchbook



- Watercolour on paper, ink on a piece of bubble wrap.

The ink on the bubble wrap are like jail bars; the person behind them is unable to escape, but once the viewer lifts the bars, the person can finally lead a colourful life of freedom.









- Red wool on acetate paper, with 4b pencil and red pen drawing on beige paper. A more graphic design approach to restriction, with typography which combines together to make the human form.








3-D Work



 - Cage: Paper straws, masking tape, Scotch tape, cardboard. This human cage gives off a sense of entrapment, both physical and also mentally.








- Head (Self-Portrait): Acrylic paints and pencil on acetate paper, help up with Sellotape.












Tomorrow is another day; another day to keep the brain going and take in inspiration to help me bring my ideas to their fullest flowering!

See you again soon guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment