Monday 1 October 2012

Ham Sandwiches & Correct Compostion

Good evening guys!

Today in L.S.A.D, we had a demonstration and a seminar, both of which were interesting and helpful.

Growling Stomachs Thanks to Semiotics.

The demonstration on Semiotics definitely made me the most hunger of all the lectures we have had so far! Patricia used many pictures of a typical ham sandwich to explain what words like semiotics and connotations meant. She helped us understand if the work which we are doing makes sense to yourself, and the viewers. Although, I must say, I also learned that there is not only your "Average Joe" sandwich, but there is also a "Posh" sandwich!

Is Composition Key to Our Work?

Short answer; yes! The seminar on composition definitely helped me think more about how I lay out different elements on a certain format. If the combined elements are not laid out in a certain way, it can be visually displeasing, and the entire piece can be let down dramatically, but of course, some rules can be broken! I now have a lot more artists to research thanks to this seminar, which will be very helpful towards my Contextual Notebook.

Picture Time!

My studio wall has gone through some changes. Some research pictures had to be removed, leaving room for improvement! Here are some photos:







No comments:

Post a Comment