Wednesday 3 October 2012

Getting Involved With Entrapment

Hello once again!

I am really happy with the video project "Caution: Tiger Inside!" and I am ready to take that concept to a new level! After jotting down some ideas and talking to one of my group tutors, Liz, I am hoping to go out into different locations and place one of my friends in a different restricted space, hoping to get a wider range of reactions from a wider audience.

Some of my ideas so far involve wrapping a person up in some sort of fabric, almost like a "mummy", and also sticking someone in a glass box (...well, more likely a plastic box!) Usually when people here the words "restricted" or "entrapment", they think of negative thoughts such as fear and tension, but I'm also going to use restriction/entrapment as a form of art that can bring a smile to the viewers face as they react and interact with the different projects. I have a couple of places in mind to do the projects, of course, the places will be safe!

I have found a few artists who made artwork that involve restricted space/entrapment such as Doug Johnston, AAK Forever, and Ernesto Neto. So here are some pictures of some of their work that inspired me recently:

Ernesto Neto


Doug Johnston



AAKK Forever



No comments:

Post a Comment