Sunday 6 January 2013

To Sense My Space - My Final Thoughts

The project has now reached it's end, and what a journey it's been. I have experienced a lot during these few months, and what I have learned from this project will definitely stick with me for the rest of the college years, and beyond.

During this project, I've learned to become less literal in my approach to a given brief, and less representational. I've learned that it's good to experiment more, and that's it's okay to make mistakes, because those mistakes can be improved upon. I've left my "secondary school" approach to making art, and learned to express my own thoughts.

Another thing which I have learned is that it's okay not to have a whole pile of stuff cramming up your studio wall. There's no need to show off everything you have done, since the tutors know how your progress is going. As long as you keep enough on your wall to help you with your current thought process, then that's plenty.

Of course, for me, one of the main things I gained from the first have of the year is meeting with new people. It's great to talk to someone new, especially when it comes to sharing ideas and thoughts on art. I've gained some great new friends this year, after entering into the college on my own!

I feel confident with the work I have done for this brief, and I hope my tutors are pleased with what I have done. I can't wait to start the new year with my three chosen electives, and begin learning completely new skills!

Bring on another great semester of college!

No comments:

Post a Comment