Thursday 3 January 2013

Geometric Animation

Before the Christmas holidays, my tutors asked me why I would choose Animation as one of my three disciplines, and so, to try and answer that question, I'm in the process of making a piece which shows fluidity and a sense of movement, which is handmade, rather than a Adobe Flash animated piece. Pictures of that piece will be posted when it's finished.

In order to gain some inspiration for this little project, I searched through some sites for some computer-based animation, and its safe to say that I found some really interesting pieces:

(click on the animated images to view them clearer)




These geometric shapes are twisting, turning, spinning, flipping and extruding within their given space, which are quite illusory. Unfortunately, I couldn't find out who created them. Nonetheless, they are still brilliant pieces that shows the great possibilities of animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment