Sunday 6 January 2013

Incorparating Colour to Paper Sculpture

In order to incorparate colour more into project, I decided to paint one of the folded paper sculptures I made.

This paper sculpture was originally just plain white until I used some bright colours with acrylic paint. I placed the paper sculpture on the desk and I painted the different parts of the folded paper with a colour that would be linked with how dark or bright the tone was on the paper. If there was grey tones present, I would paint those sides with dark blues or deep reds, and the white tones where painted over with bright yellows and subtle blues and pinks.

The result is a paper sculpture that is quite playful and illusory. The paint makes of the shapes extrude more than other parts, whilesome sides of the faceted surface may seem flatter than others at a certain angle. It plays tricks with the eye, and it also highlight's the three-dimensional shape of the paper.




No comments:

Post a Comment