Saturday 5 January 2013

Jelle Martens

While updating my Contextual Notebook, I found a wide range of talented artists who I can relate to on my project. One of those very artists is Jelle Martens.

Jelle Martens is an image maker from Gent, Belgium, and he deals with highly geometric and minimal work. His series titled "Quivering Forests" show a great sense of space, and great love for geometry.

Quivering Forests


"Quivering Forests" has been created through the combination of imagery and graphics. The rouged pattern enabled Jelle to design this eye pleasing aesthetic. I think the contrast of colours and Jelle's use of simple geometric shapes is beautiful, as well as precise and organised collage experiment. The landscape seen in the photos are broken up and distorted by the triangles and trapeziums, but it still seems to be very organic. It is a very striking series of artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment