Monday 28 January 2013

No.2: Animation and Motion Design

Now it's time for another fresh start, this time with some animation!

First, we were shown some 30 second long Animes for the Japanese broadcasting organisation, NHK. We also receive our brief and had a quick chat with the tutors. After some brainstorming, I came up with my idea for the title: "I opened the door and..."

The Good Guy Vs. The Bad Guy

My idea for the animation is to create a scene involving a detective and a criminal in a balaclava. The setting is a run-down apartment, and the detective bursts through the door, and a gun fight erupts between the pair. I don't want to ruin too much of the animation, so that's just a very quick summary of it!

I am having a lot of fun drawing out the two characters, and refining their looks before starting to animate the final piece. I was very happy that I was able to use Vinny Rourke, a character I created during my free time last month, as the detective for this animation. This is a big, tough guy, with a signature cigar in between his teeth. Here is a picture I created of Vinny using Adobe Photoshop last month:


I was thinking of creating the animation using computer programs such as Photoshop and After Effects, and my friend, Ian, really wanted to do some voice acting for Vinny for the animation, which is great since voice acting didn't even cross my mind!

Hopefully all goes well with this porject!

No comments:

Post a Comment