Sunday 28 April 2013

Thinking Sculpturally

In order for me to fully explore the quality's of the egg box, I must begin doing some experimentation with the egg box three-dimensionally. So it's time to cut up the egg box, and reassemble it in a new way to create interesting sculptural forms. The "dimples" (the indented part where each egg sits individually in the box) are definitely the most interesting part of the egg box to explore deeper with, in terms of sculptural forms. With these dimples, I glued the sides of them, stuck them together, stapled the backs together, and so on. I've created some interesting pieces with this experimentation, but here are a few photos of two different pieces which I think work out the best:

 3-D Piece # 1

This piece looks very organic, almost looks like seashell or a crab. The top-down view of it reminds me of a bunch of flowers.




3-D Piece # 2

These pieces were created by using two middle 'dimples' and stick one dimple on top the other, which creates a 'mini' egg box that can accommodate one egg each. They also look like little characters with two top teeth and two bottom teeth.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment