Tuesday 9 April 2013

VisCom Mathematics

On Monday, we had a group crit, where we gathered together and analysed each other's prototypes and designs. When I showed my own prototype, I got some suggestions which were very helpful. When we analysed my piece, it was said that it looked very festive and had a St Patrick's Day parade-y feel to it due to it's colour and texture. But no worries, thanks to a very helpful chat with my tutors, I found out how to overcome that challenge!

Remember the idea with the credit card B? Now it's time to combine that idea with the prototype idea with the disintegrating money! By creating a credit card instead of green money in the shape of the 'B', it's easier to communicate my idea of Bank across to the viewer. I'm going to use the disintegrating and breaking down element from the money prototype for the credit card also, to communicate the idea of national banks falling apart.



In terms of colour, I'm using the colour scheme of the Anglo Irish Bank logo, which further link in with the state of the Irish banking system. The strong blue colours in my design above will be replaced with the navy-ish colour of Anglo Irish Bank, and the light blue colours will be replaced with the dark red and orange colours of the logo.



The metallic coding you see on credit cards will be replaced to show a line of B letter-forms, with the same typeface of course. I'll have to experiment with different processes and materials to create that "indented" effect of the coding on my letter form, but I'm looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment