Sunday 7 April 2013

Sketchbook Sneak Peek

Along with the letter-form project, we were given a sketchbook brief. This sketchbook brief can contain our own ideas, and it can become something personal. To be honest, I found it quite hard to get into the sketchbook, even though I was actually looking forward to make a start on it, but right now, I feel quite comfortable with my sketchbook. I'm drawing my own ideas, rather than drawing from video game logos and so on, and I really do feel as if the sketchbook is helping me explore new ideas that I wouldn't have really done before, and it is helping my artistic skills as I experiment with different techniques such as cross-hatching, and with different media, such as watercolours, collage and melting wax crayons. Most of the double-page spreads I've done over the holidays have mixed media, which is a great way for me to improve my creative thinking!










No comments:

Post a Comment