Monday 29 April 2013

Group Crit - Suggestions

Today we had a small group crit, were we had to show off our finished piece, whether it was a 3-D or 2-D piece, and the thumbnails for our poster layouts. I received some nice comments about my work so far, but I also got some helpful suggestions. I learned that I need to simplify the text in the speech bubbles and make it less "weighty" in terms of apperance. Also, I learned that the egg itself isn't necessary, since there already is an egg-shaped speech bubble after all.

And so, I found some typefaces that link in with the style of typography seen printed on different egg boxs, and used them in the speech bubbles. I started off using egg puns in the speech bubbles, although I have now used shorter and snappier versions of the quotes I made previously.


 Thumbnails for the different layouts for the Poster


Ideas for Straplines/Speech Bubble Quotes


Suggestions from the group crit:




 Researching suitable typefaces and trying out different puns in the egg-shaped speech bubble with various typefaces.



No comments:

Post a Comment